Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God is really awesome

I love God! 
I love how He works! 
I love what He is doing in our lives.
I love that He is equipping us for this adoption.
I love that He is sending people to walk beside us in this adoption.

In the past days we have met people from all over the world that are touching us and  helping us bring Elliot home. 

We met a family from Italy that posted many videos on YouTube from Elliot's orphanage.

We met a woman whose father lives in Elliot's town.  Her sister lives in another town in Elliot's country, but has offered to come to the towns we will be in and help us any way she can.

We met people who run a school that will help us teach Elliot's his home country's culture.

Then today, we met another woman.  She is a mother through birth and adoption to over a dozen children.  She is a warrior for her special needs children.  She gets me and there are not many who understand the call.



We have doubts, everyday, as to whether or not we can do this.



We have heard form God and He has told us. 

"You need Me to do this and I am going to place people in your path to help you in this journey.  Trust me, I am God."


Thank you God.
Thank you God for loving us.
Thank you God for caing about the little details.
Thank you God for giving us strength when we are weak.
Thank you for making our path clear when we are wandering in circles.


I think of this scripture when I reflect on the events of the past few days.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jer 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

. Sorry! I removed the word verification feature and immediately got spammed. So, alas, it is back!