Friday, January 25, 2013

A Poem and a Lesson

We use First Language Lesson as part of our homeschool curriculum.  As part of the lessons, we memorize poems (I may have even posted it on the blog before) and recite them.
 
One poem we have memorized is ...
 
 
 
Work by Anonymous
 
Work while you work,
Play while you play,
This is the way
To be happy each day.

All that you do,
Do with your might,
Things done by half
Are never done right.
 
 
My kids have recited it over and over and over ... this morning chores were only done half. 
 
In a moment of absolute frustration, I decided to do my job by half and attempt to teach a lesson.
 
I severed my sweet boy his breakfast.  The initial look on his face was priceless.
 
I hope I had a break through.
 
 
 
 
I then took the plate away and cooked the egg and taco. 
 

1 comment:

. Sorry! I removed the word verification feature and immediately got spammed. So, alas, it is back!