Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Colossal Cooking

I did a "big" cook and tried something new - using my roaster, pressure cookers and crock pots as my sous chef.  They cooked the meats and beans that were the backbones of the dished I made.  It was pretty fabulous.  I will use this method again.  I love the pressure cooker. I can cook beans from dry in about an hour, big beans take a little longer.  I made bone broth in the crockpot (I actually started that on Sunday) In my big roaster, I made 12 pounds of ground beef.   It was such an easy process, that we left in the middle of the day to go make ornaments with friends. 


   
 
 
 




Fun with ornaments, popcorn and leaves!
  




TA DA!  The finished dishes
 
White Chicken Chili
 
Beef Barley Soup
 
 
Roasted Pork Loin

Taco Soup

Chicken bone broth, pork broth, shredded pork shredded chicken, ground beef.

This is my favorite pressure cooker.  It serves as a pressure cooker, rice cooker and slow cooker. 



I use a large variety of Pyrex glassware to freeze them in for future use.

1 comment:

  1. Checking out that pressure cooker!

    ReplyDelete

. Sorry! I removed the word verification feature and immediately got spammed. So, alas, it is back!