Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Super Frugal DIY Give Save Spend System for a Large Family

I wanted to buy the divided banks to set up a Give, Save, Spend system for the kids.  Those banks average about $20 each.  For seven of them, I was looking at big bucks that I did not want to spend.

Instead of purchasing something, I repurposed pencil bags we had on hand.  Using a zigzag stitch, I sewed three sections into each pouch, labeled them with the child's name and Give, Save, Spend.  Then I put them all in a binder and tucked it away above the stove to keep little hands out of binder.

It took about 30 minutes from getting the sewing machine out, until it was put away and I did not have to spend any money.  Win!!!


 
Here is a set of binder pencil holders similar to what I used.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, we do purposeful saving with our kids too but I use individual little boxes that we decorated. It gets very cluttered with 18 separate banks! This is a much better way.

    ReplyDelete

. Sorry! I removed the word verification feature and immediately got spammed. So, alas, it is back!